A breakdown of what I pack for Thailand
What should I pack for Thailand? I see this question asked all the time in travel forums and Facebook groups.
Packing for a trip to Thailand is much easier than you think. The hot weather means that you don’t need any heavy jackets or other warm equipment. In fact, you can get away with going to Thailand for one month with less than 10kg in your bag!
Check out this post for other general tips on packing light for travel.
The breakdown of what I pack on a trip to Thailand is pretty simple; suitable clothes, my travel photography equipment, study shoes and my awesome Bangkok travel guide.
Here is an entire list of what I packed in my bag for a one month trip to Thailand. Total weight of clothes, 4kg.
- 2 x board shorts, good for walking and swimming.
- 2 x long sleeve shirts, something that’ll keep the mosquitos off in the jungle
- 2 x long pants, not jeans they won’t dry
- Standard underwear and socks
- 1 x running shoes, good for hiking and walking
- 1 x flip flops, your daily footwear
- 1 x lightweight good quality rain jacket
Check out my blog for a full breakdown of my photography equipment. Here is an overview of what I pack to take photos and videos. Total weight of photography gear, 6kg.
- Canon 6D, full frame DSLR camera
- Wide angle lens, great for landscape photography
- 50mm lens, the king of street photography
- Drone DJI Mavic Air Fly More Combo, all my aerial footage
- Yi action camera, 4K footage for under $200
- Vaude 48L Backpack, small enough to fit in carry-on if you’re under 7kg.
- Waterproof backpack cover
- Travel adapters
- Insect repellent
- Mifa F1 Bluetooth speaker, best in the business
Is there anything you can’t travel to Thailand without?
Top Tips for Thailand!
- Download my Thailand packing checklist to make sure you don’t forget anything.
- Find the cheapest flights to Thailand here.
- Check out my favorite resorts in Thailand under $50 per night
- Get covered with World Nomads Travel Insurance. Customize your cover, for your trip.
- Get your guide to over 50 destinations in Bangkok on your phone today.