Please review the following guest posting guidelines if you would like to contribute an article on The Lost Passport.
- This blog is about travel. The primary destinations are currently Asia, Australia, and the Pacific Islands. Pitching an article on a relevant destination has a higher chance of being accepted, however, we are still open to articles on other destinations.
- Preferred topics are about adventure travel, travel itineraries, and travel tips
- A detailed destination guide on a particular city, region, or country
- List article – top things to do in “destination”
- List article – best places to visit near “destination”
- Write up on an adventure travel experience you have had with practical tips and guides for other travelers to follow “i.e. hiking Mount Kinabalu in Malaysia”
- Before you pitch a completed article, send 2 to 3 suggested topics for consideration.
- Articles should be a minimum of 1,200 words unless otherwise agreed.
- Each submission should contain 4-5 high-quality photos that YOU own. Poor quality snapshots will be rejected. Stock photography should only be used where you are missing a photo on a particular destination and should be accompanied by its source and all rights to use the photo.
- All photos should be titled with the subject matter appropriately.
- Horizontal photos are to be 1200px wide, vertical photos are to be 900px wide.
- Attach your photos to the email, not embedded in the document.
- Personalize the article a little by dropping in a couple of your personal experiences, thoughts, and tips. Remember, this is a blog, not Wikipedia.
- Submit your article via email in MS Word format.
- Backlinks are provided to your homepage and one non-competing blog post of choice. Links are also provided to social media accounts in a brief author bio (100 words).
- The article will be reviewed, marked up and edited before posting. I may make changes for SEO purposes such as keyword optimization, including additional internal links, and extending the article with additional information. I may also add affiliate links to the article.
Contact: [email protected]